TENT Academy Awards 2015
Awardshow and screening TENT Academy Awards - 17.07.2015 8pm @ Cinerama, Rotterdam
Exhibition TENT Academy Awards - 17.07.2015 July — 27.09.2015
Art critics, curators and film experts will be visiting Dutch and Italian art academies this summer to find and select the best video art talent for the upcoming TENT Academy Awards 2015. A jury of experts led by Franziska Nori (director Frankfurter Kunstverein) will select the winners who are granted an artist-in-residence position abroad. On Friday 17 July at 20:00 hours, Cinerama will screen the selected films, documentaries and animations, and host the award ceremony. After the ceremony, the nominated works will be on view in TENT until 27 September. Afterwards, the selection will travel to various art and film festivals, in the Netherlands and abroad.
International jury of experts 2015
This year, the jury will once again consist of internationally noted professionals from the art world. Franziska Nori is an art historian, and curator and director of Frankfurter Kunstverein. Lorenzo Benedetti, former director of De Vleeshal in Middelburg, currently serves as director of de Appel arts centre in Amsterdam. Gabriëlle Schleijpen is director of the Dutch Art Institute in Arnhem. Alberto de Michele won the 2011 Short Film Nomination for the European Film Awards and studied at the Rijksakademie in Amsterdam.
The following professionals from the film and art world will select the talent during the graduation shows of the art academies: Natasha Hoare (associate curator Witte de With Center for Contempoary Art), Mark Paul Meyer (senior curator expanded cinema voor EYE Film Instituut Nederland), Pietje Tegenbosch en Martin van Vreden (gallerists Tegenbosch & Van Vreden), Daniela Apice (gallerist Apice for Artists), Elly Stegeman (curator contemporary art at Stedelijk Museum Den Bosch), Mare van Koningsveld (independent curator), Maria Schnyder (assistant curator Museum de Pont), Saskia van Stein (artistic director Bureau Europa), Eelco van der Lingen (director Nest), Julia Geerlings (independent curator and writer) en Rianne Groen (gallerist Rianne Groen Gallery).
Guest Country: Italy
Every year TENT invites a guest country for international cooperation and cultural exchange. This year Italy has been selected as guest country of the TAA to mark the Venice Biennale and Universal Exposition 2015 in Milan. While established names and internationally renowned artists will take center stage at these two events, TAA will focus on young Italian video art talent. Eugenio Viola (curator at large at MADRE, Naples), art producer Rossana Miele, art historian/curator Patricia Pulles, artist Luca Trevisani (course instructor at the Venice art academy), and Chiara Agnello (artistic director of Careof) selected at Italian art academies. The Dutch winner of the TENT Academy Awards will be granted a residency at Careof, a non-profit exhibition space for contemporary art in Milan.
– Aleksandra Czuba , Accademia di Belle Arti di Roma, scout Pier Paolo Pancotto
– Lucia Bricco, Accademia di Belle Arti di Roma, scout Rossana Miele
– Alberto Costanzo, Accademia di Belle Arti di Roma, scout Rossana Miele
– Giada Carnevale , Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera, Miano, scout Chiara Agnello
– Antonio Conte, Accademia di Belle Arti di Napoli, scout Eugenio Viola
– Girolamo Viola, Accademia di Belle Arti di Napoli, scout Eugenio Viola
– Giovanni Chiamenti, Accademia di Belli Arti di Brera, Milano, scout Chiara Agnello
– AVES PROJECT (collectief van studenten Demetrio Giacomelli; Matteo Gatti;Matteo Signorelli), Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera, Milano, scout Chiara Agnelllo
– Asia Giannelli, Accademia di Belle Arti di Bologna, scout Patricia Pulles
– Alessia Vecchio, Accademia di Belle Arti di Bologna, scout Patricia Pulles
Ginger and Milk
Quest’anno la configurazione grafica dei TENT Academy Awards è nelle mani di Ginger and Milk, un giovane studio di grafica con sede a Rotterdam.